By Anjan Chakravartty
Read Online or Download A Metaphysics for Scientific Realism: Knowing the Unobservable PDF
Best metaphysics books
Burtt's booklet, The Metaphysical Foundations of contemporary actual technological know-how, is anything of a puzzle in the context of twentieth-century highbrow heritage, in particular American highbrow historical past. Burtt's pioneering examine of the clinical revolution has proved to prophetic in its rejection of either scientism and positivism.
What's someone? This primary query is a perennial difficulty of philosophers and theologians. yet, Christian Smith right here argues, it additionally lies on the heart of the social scientist’s quest to interpret and clarify social existence. during this formidable ebook, Smith offers a brand new version for social idea that does justice to the simplest of our humanistic visions of individuals, lifestyles, and society.
Heidegger, disintiendo de los comentaristas habituales que parten del supuesto de que l. a. Crítica de l. a. razón pura es una teoría del conocimiento y sólo tratan los angeles metafísica y los temas metafísicos en forma accesoria, enfoca el problema de l. a. metafísica como problema de l. a. ontología fundamental.
Modernity among Wagner and Nietzsche analyzes the operas and writings of Wagner so as to turn out that the guidelines on which they're dependent contradict and falsify the values which are basic to modernity. This ebook additionally analyzes the information which are critical to the philosophy of Nietzsche, demonstrating that the values at the foundation of which he breaks with Wagner and repudiates their universal mentor, Schopenhauer, are these primary to modernity.
- The One and the Many: A Contemporary Thomistic Metaphysics
- The Soul's Upward Yearning: Clues to Our Transcendent Nature from Experience and Reason: 2 (Happiness, Suffering, and Transcendence)
- Dude, Where's My Jesus Fish?
- Heidegger, Authenticity and the Self: Themes From Division Two of Being and Time
- Peirce's Account of Purposefulness: A Kantian Perspective (Routledge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Philosophy)
- Critical Scientific Realism (Clarendon Library of Logic and Philosophy)
Additional info for A Metaphysics for Scientific Realism: Knowing the Unobservable